Monday 13 October 2014

S-EIDUL ADHA '14 ^^ :)

Hello my dears. ^^
It's still me. :>
On 5-6 October I went to balik kampung with the family for Hari Raya Haji!
It was a pretty nice getaway, back to the old-school-ness which I haven't went back to since forever.
Just kinda wished that more of my cousins could've came along. :/
Anyway, Mum helped me don the hijab and I think we really look alike. :')
Don't you think?!
There was once where Grandma spoke a full conversation with me in the kitchen thinking I was my Mum.
The whole time I was just like "Mmhmm O.O" hahaha.
Should've probably told her at the start. :')
Before we left!
How cute is my Grandma though, seriously?! ^^
My OOTD!.
In a brown polka dot-ish Baju Kurung.
Doesn't look brown in the picture but it really is. :/
I kinda really like this hijab style more than (the next one you'll see below).
Although my face looks much oval-er. :')
It took about 2 hours to reach Kota Tinggi, where (one of) my kampung is.
We arrived at about 530pm and most of us were pretty hungry by then.
So we chilled for not even 10 minutes in the living room,
moved to the dining table,
and then we were served just a few slices of Lemang and Serunding..
And we just dove straight in! :'D
I guess it as pretty obvious that we were needing food so this was served shortly after. :')
Oh gosh. :')
Basically the full malay platter;
Lodeh. Rendang. Peanut Sauce. Chikkin in Soy Sauce. Chikkin Cooked in Red (?! LOL).
Ketupat. Lepat.
Reminded me how much I just love Malay food. *v* :')
Dad was just being really funny the whole time and Grandma was laughing really hard which was quite a nice sight.
Love seeing her happy. ^^ :)
After filling our stomachs, we just chilled by the sofas and..yeah.
Getting annoyed by this guy.
Gosh.
How do I live with this? :/
Oh wait, I'm just like him.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
For some reason I was just really sleepy and tired that day so I fell asleep on anything/anyone.
Practically napped while there were some guests who arrived..
But Mum gave me a pillow (thanks Mum hehe) and it got comfortable. :(
After waking up and listening to the adults chit chatting,
Bro & I also watched something totally awesome;
A lizard catching and eating a fly AND trying to catch and eat a dragonfly.
WHUTTTTTTTTT.
The lizard vs dragonfly battle got quite intense and we got pretty excited. >.<" :D
At about 1030pm, we got called into the kitchen again for supper!
They cooked up a stew/soup from the korban from earlier that day.
I remember not really being able to eat/liking the taste of freshly korban-ed and cooked meat (it really makes a world of a difference) but these ones were fine.
For some reason it was really tender and almost...sweet? O.O
I'm sorry vegetarians, but yeah.. >.<
Got a funky fork but yum yum fruit punch.
Went to bed pretty early too, and just chope-d this sofa which I had never seen before. O.O
Picked the biggest one and oh my gosh I fell in love with it right when I lay down on it.
I say this so many times but oh my gosh, it was THE PERFECT LENGTH FOR ME.
My head was on the left end of the sofa (not talking about the hand rest part) and my feet stretches out perfectly to the right end of the sofa (not talking about the hand rest part here either) and the width of the sofa was spacious enough for me to turn right and left with comfort.
OH MY GOSH I WANT THIS SOFA PLEASE.
I hope to find something like you when I get my own house someday. D':
Okay enough about the sofa. :B
Woke up the next day, took a shower and got ready!
We were going to a wedding that day and this was my OOTD!
I really liked this one;
bought the top during the Jaybee trip and the kain (skirt) was the wrap-and-tie kind is Mum's, which can be used with any tops you want.
And it was really soft.
I wouldn't mind wearing it to sleep lol.
Polka dot hijab!
Again, Mum helped me don it, and this time it's a bit more wavy..ish..
Think it makes me look a little chubbier. :/
(I edited these pictures, guys, I'm not that flawless. :'D)
^^
The bro wanted some OOTD shots too.
He took off his slippers because..he was wearing slippers. :')
Bro: Mum, am I wearing the button up shirt? The..Bancho shirt?
Mum: Yalah, the button up shirt. What's Bancho?
Bro: Bancho...*glances at me* The matrep~
Bro & Lin: *bursts out laughing* :'D
You can see me in the reflection! ^^
Arrived at the wedding location and I was pretty fascinated at the whole kampung district!
It was really close to the sea but what's even more interesting is hopping out the car to see mangroves and weird muddy soil with gaps below the houses.
O.O
And then suddenly it makes sense~
When the sea is at high tide, the waters come up all the way to the houses!
Thus gaps under the houses and all the mangroves. :>
So, so cool.
Not sure if I would be able to live like that though, since I don't really fancy the thought of being one with the sea. :/
The houses were pretty cute though! 
Here's some food!
Was quite hungry so went a bit hardcore with the rice.
It was really, really good though yum!
They also had these huge containers with scoopers (the handle thing and the people) who scooped the drinks into cups and we just had to grap the one we wanted.
Pretty cool, I actually wouldn't mind doing that. :>
(Of course I took Bandung hehehe)

Watermelon and Jelly for dessert.
Mm.
Went into the house after food as we wait for the groom to arrive.
Was nice seeing Grandma catch up with all her siblings. ^^
The bro found a moustache.
The groom arrived a while later and they did the toll thingy where the groom has to fulfil some tasks (eg. do a dance/give out green packets) in order to be allowed to meet the bride.
:'D

My view of them from where I was seated. :')
Hehehehe.
Did not manage to take a picture with both of them, but we did with the bride! ^^
The bride & groom's food spread. :>
Got the "goodie bags" and found this inside!
A tiny bag just for an egg!
It's so cute *v*
They also had the family drive "Shuttle Cars" to drive people into the wedding area because it was right at the end of the road.
(Yes it's spelled wrong but haha so cute with the bunga mangga. ^^)
We also got a box of the rice and stuff to bring home.
We feared that it wouldn't pass the immigrations so the bro and I just ate it in the car like this. :'D
Everytime the car jumped, the rice would fly.
Oh, the amount of rice the bro spilled. :')
We got stuck in a jam waiting to reach the checkpoint for about an hour.
 I kept nodding off to sleep, which I kept doing throughout the car journey no matter what.
Is that weird? :/
Anyway, finally reached home, brought everything up and said goodbye to the little red car. ^^

Was quite glad I followed along to the trip;
really reminded me how much I love Malay food.
Hehe
*v* ^^
 Hope you lot had a good Hari Raya Haji too!

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodye

No comments:

Post a Comment