Monday 6 October 2014

HI! CLUB INSTRUCTORS' CAMP OCT'14; UNLEASH!. ^^ :)

HIIIIIII!
Today's post isn't starting with a solo selfie,
but with this amazing girl yay!
You'll hear about her a lot in this post no need to be so curious yet. :')
Our second Instructor's Camp just whizzed by and here I am writing about it.
There's quite a bit to share,
so standby for a pretty long post, yeah?

Day 0.
Started off with painting the flag and while I sat on the pile of spread newspaper,
I looked down and saw this.
Nice try, Straits Times. :') (Y)
Didn't snap a completed picture of the Camp Committee Flag,
but it was pretty well done, I tell you. ^^
Also came up with the cheer, which took a while but was just hahahah :'D
Lunch came after that, and something rather embarrassing happened as I bought it.
There was a dude who ordered his food before me and,
Lin: *orders my food*
Food guy: *puts a plate on the counter*
Lin: *unsure if it's mine or the guy who came before me's dish* *turns to Natha* *whispers* Is it mine or his?? *asks Natha a couple of times*
Guy Who Came Before Me: Oh, it's yours. ^^
Lin: Oh. Thank you. O.O *melts in embarrassment*
:'D
Thanks, GWCBM, hope you had a good lunch! ^^
This stall has really awesome sambal by the way.
After lunch came the tests, and then briefings and stuff like that..
And then at dinner....
A bunch of us girls ordered McDelivery instead of heading out to eat!
Quite surprising how it actually took quite a short time to arrive!
Also maybe because I made everyone watch Joe's videos hehehe. >.<
We also gave the Delivery Guy the wrong school block, so he had to re-drive to the right one.
I felt really bad, but he was nice, so thank you DG! ^^ :)
(I need to stop giving these "random" people code names.)
What I look like after rolling around in bed.
I guess I can say...
I woke up like this. ;)
Hahahaha okay no, Lin, no.
Spicy McWrap for me, of course~
I don't think the girls have any idea how happy it made me to go on a Joe marathon with them.
Probably the best Day 0 night ever.
^^
Slept pretty early that night, I suppose, to get fully ready for the next three days!

Day 1.
Woke pretty early and had a light breakfast of Chocolate Waffle and Iced Milo.
Mmm love waffles!
Soon enough, people started streaming into the LT and Hsin Yan (HY) & I put on our bandanas (which we bought that other day). ^^
With my camp face on too. :>
Was actually pretty darn nervous about meeting my campers at this point. :')
BUT WE DID AND THEY WERE SO FRIENDLY :')
We designed the group flag and created our cheer and then it was lunch time~!
Camps are probably the one time I drink the most plain water. :')
Not good.
Oh yeah there's our lunch, loaded with my least favorite kind of veggies. :/
TERRACOTTA'S FIRST GROUP SELFIE!
We're called Terracotta, by the way.
(The Chinese Warriors thingy. ^^)
Can I just point out that this was where/when one of them (Jie See) called my name and asked if I was Joe's wife HAHAHAHA.
Made me LOL but I so appreciate it when someone totally new acknowledges the existence of Joe. :'D
(If you didn't already realise, I'm a wee bit obsessed with Joe at the moment. He's a Youtuber. Go check him out! Will leave you a video at the end of the post okay. ^^)
I love these pictures. ^^
After lunch came the Station Games.
Where we went to stations...to play games. :'D
I kinda like taking pictures quite a bit, so sometimes I just tell them to gather at one spot just to snap a few pictures. ^^
LOOK AT OUR FLAG!
We painted a turtle on it and it kinda got people confused.
But, you see, the turtle has a strong shell which we define to as an iron defense.
Which we all obviously have in Terracotta. :>
Hehehe.
Stopped by some benches during a toilet break and saw this vending machine.
(The kind which dispenses your drink of choice into a small cup with tiny little ice cubes)
(My favorite type of vending machine hehe.)
(My least favorite type is those which has the swirly metal thing which swirls and drops your item of choice. I don't trust them swirly things one bit. >:/)
Aqilah: Hsin Yan, you know about this vending machine? It's the popular choice.
HY: Ya! I saw one at Block 51 also~
Aqilah: There, the popular choice. *points to vending machine*
HAHAHAHAHAHA (Y)
DINNER TIME~!
We had dinner in a deaf-stimulated restaurant setting.
Was quite interesting to see everyone trying to sign and looking for ways to convey what they want to eat.
Plus, the food was super good so yay!
The Terracotta Room!
So glad HY's the type of person who enjoys taking pictures with random things like the door with our name on it. :/ :')
I like it ^^
NOMNOMNOM.
Desserts! ^^
Had quite a good time just sitting down and talking to the Terracottas and laughing about things. ^^
After dinner came the night game,
where Haidhar escaped from the group (kinda became an inside joke now)
and us looking for money, running from people and hiding in the weirdest places. :')
Soon after, it was time for debrief and we ended Day 1 with Taohuey for supper~
The sugar level for this Taohuey was amazing, I really liked it. ^^
Also, these lovelies started calling me Mrs Sugg which really amuses me hahaha. :'D
OH YOU CUTE PEOPLE.

Day 2.

Day 2 started waaaaaaay too early and here's a picture of HY and I's very early morning faces. ^^
Did the mandatory camp Zumba to wake everyone up~
Funny how I was so embarrassed to do zumba back then but now I'm actually enjoying it. :')
I mean, look. :')
Breakfast was a ham and cheese sandwich and two cream puffs.
With a sugar cane drink.
I ate a lot of these since some of them didn't want theirs.
Kinda weird that we got dessert for breakfast though.
BUT I AINT COMPLAINING. :>
These girls are just weird, I don't even know. O.O
Next up was a talk by SADeaf!
I found this very interesting and much like a refresher to all the things I already knew about Deaf Culture.
Learned quite a bit from it too.
It's quite rare that we get to attend these kind of talks, and watching him sign with all the expressions and things was really quite inspiring. *v*
Here's one of the things I've learned;
CC stands for Closed Captions.
They are different from subtitles because they include sound effects in their captions, such as *doors creaking* *mumbling* and etc so the deaf and understand further of what's going on in the movies!
've always wondered why there was a need to add in stuff like that; 've always thought it was redundant and pointless.
Guess it all makes sense now! ^^
After the talk was the outdoor games + Silent Pledge!
Our location was Science Center and we got McChicken!
Started off with our mini tasks which involves taking more pictures so yeah... :D
"Take a funny picture with biggest purple crayon."
WHY ARE ONLY AQILAH AND I TRYING. T.T
Quite funny how they managed to look for the things so quickly, though.
HY & I took forever to find them. :')
GUYSSS LOOK AT THE CAMERA. :/
We then headed to the final location (WCP) and HY kinda sat away from me. :/ :(
Played a mad game of dodgeball at WCP, being teamed up with my fellow GLs.
We practically screamed and laughed throughout.
 It was hands down the best dodgeball game experience of my life. :')
 Played a game of equation-treasure-hunt and then headed back to school for the Nightwalk.
Since Terracotta was the last to depart from WCP,
we were also the last to go for the night walk..
So we ate our dinner and just chilled, talking about things and learning the song we were going to sign. ^^
Noodles and some weird mushrooms. :/
So after much talking, signing, laughing, sharing of the lamest but funniest jokes, we finally set off to the night walk.
Which was pretty interesting and quite creepy at some points.
But was (Y) nonetheless! ^^
Closed off the day with debrief and rehearsing the song a few times with Terracotta. ^^
Raiden made these Rice Krispies Treats which were so, so good. *v*
Was left pretty hungry so us GLs cooked up some Cup Noodles.
Which was quite satisfying, for some reason. :/
#anythingdoesit
Not sure why I didn't take a Taohuey that night. :/
Dropped by Terracotta to see their progress in the song and to say goodnight after debrief~
Was so proud of them after seeing them being done with formations and all. :')
But they looked so exhausted so I made them go to sleep after showing it to us. :'D
Wanted to take some selfies with HY since we were in all green but then these girls wanted in too. :'D
LOL how cute is Aqilah though, with that towel and all?!
HAHAHA.
Ended the night pretty late but it was all a-okay! ^^

Day 3.
Yay, dessert for breakfast again!
Eclairs and a chocolate muffin.
*v*
I love eclairs and cream puffs.
Oh, and a White Chocolate Kit Kat from Jiaying.
Apparently you can microwave it and it'd be really good.
But I wasn't going to wait that long.
Evelyn had to leave early that day so we took the last picture as Terracotta in full strength and said goodbye. :(
After that came their tests which meant that I had some free time in my hands..
And also some frozen grapes. *v*
These were insanely addictive, I just kept eating them. :P
Jie See, Aqilah, Kelsey;
Casually sending us a picture of themselves in revision. :')
This also happened in our holding room HAHAHA.
It's so weird how I think he could actually pass of as a girl! :'D
RIGHTTTTTTTT?!
Hahahaha :'D
Managed to squeeze a short nap while waiting and then woke up to lunch!
This lunch was the best I've had compared to the rest of the packed meals.
It was like a Salmon Fried Rice + Sweet & Sour Fish + some veggies and it was just really tasty. :/
OUR CAMP TEE!!!
Yayyyyyy I think our tees were really awesome THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO DESIGNED IT!!! :*
Camp Closing came so quickly. :')
Made a few mistakes while reflecting for Terracotta (I'M SORRY *hearts*).
Really, really enjoyed performing with the GLs, a few hiccups too (hehe) but had much fun!
The camper-to-GL and GL-to-camper video messages.
Totally loved the one Terracotta made for us.
It's a completely different feeling watching the video from CamoCamp.
I guess it's cause it's directed to both HY & I so it felt so touching and much more heartfelt.
:')
Last and final debrief with these lot.
Wrote TOAs, listened to and took pictures with each other..
Gaaaaaah I miss you guys already. :(
Jiaying!
Jiaying and Jeremy!
(I don't really like this angle though.)
With Jie See!
Really unsure what's going on here though. :'D
Hehehehe.
Aqilah!
I think we were supposed to give the hysterically sad face.
HY passes with distinctions and flying colours. :')

Dad fetched me home on his bike, as he always does.
Felt kinda bad cause it was a Friday and he was working earlier in the day.
BUT THANK YOU DAD. ^^

So that wraps up the 2nd Instructor's Camp that was ours.

Terracotta.
Sneaky pictures snapped by Aqilah.
Clockwise:
Jie See, Aqilah, Jia Ying, Haidhar.
Melvin, Wen  Xin, Kelsey, Evelyn.
Our pictures in chronological order.
Terracotta.
From not knowing how you lot even look like, coming up with a group name with Hsin Yan, worrying about what to say or talk about, choosing a group colour, buying the bandana, choosing and cutting a whole song for you guys only to find out we weren't able to use that song anymore hence choosing and cutting a whole new song.
I am so thankful to have the eight of you with me.
It really touches my heart to see how you lot get along and how you guys are so into the language.
If you say that HY & I have inspired you..
Trust me, you guys inspired me just as much.
I live on the people that surround me(as I've mentioned before),
I need to see the people around me have the same passion,
I need to see the people around me smile and find something I believe in worthy,
I need to see the people around me be able to bring back something from being around me,
These are the things that keeps me going, that gives me the drive, that makes me do my happy dance on the inside.
And you, Terracotta, did it for me.
Hsin Yan.
The words "thank you" isn't even close to enough to show my appreciation and mad love for you.
You have been the greatest partner, I really cannot ask for more.
There is so, so, so much in you.
So much things that has been deteriorating in me, that I have been lacking..
And it's just refreshing to be around you;
To be reminded of what I'm doing, why I'm here in the first place, why I should continue.
I really hope you know how much potential, selflessness, love and passion you have in you, which deserves to be spread to everyone.
I will never, ever forget your answer every time I ask why you joined (this and that).
It's always the same answer;
And I can promise you that you have succeeded to do so every single time.
Thank you and love you! ^^ :)
Aiyu, Steffi, Erica, Sam. Nabila, Jaclyn, Hsin Yan, Yi Lin.
Charmander.
Beast.
Geckoo.
Terracotta.
Red Indian.
^^
Group Leaders.
Thank you so, so much for agreeing to be part of this camp and to be going through this journey alongside Sam and myself.
I had no idea what's going to happen and what wasn't going to happen,
but I am just so, so thankful that you lot actually agreed and chose to stay with us till the end.
It may or may not have been a fulfilling journey for you, but know that I tried my very best and that you are all very influential and strong people.
I know that each and every one of you have impacted a person, in whatever way at all.
Each and every one of you have influenced, inspired and impacted someone throughout this journey so do keep doing the good.
Even if you don't feel you did towards your campers..
Trust me, I have learned and you have inspired me.
So there's one person. ^^
I'm really, really glad to have known you lot much more, and even if our closeness doesn't keep up, know that this is something I'll remember for life. :)
Oh yes, and I definitely had such a insanely fun time performing with you lot.
Click hehe for our performance! ^^
King Cobra.
 Without this camp, I would've never been able to be where I am now.
Without meeting King Cobra, I wouldn't have been able to do so much.
This was where it all started for me and I somewhat hope that in Unleash,
I was able to inspire and bring out the lovely people to do much more and contribute,
just like how my GLs inspired and did to me.
Oh by the way, thank you Matthew (who went to Japan) who got this for us!
Such randomness and I thought it was poop but it is actually Mount Fuji!
How cute. ^^

Terracotta.
From not knowing how you lot even look like, coming up with a group name with Hsin Yan, worrying about what to say or talk about, choosing a group colour, buying the bandana, choosing and cutting a whole song for you guys only to find out we weren't able to use that song anymore hence choosing and cutting a whole new song.
You guys did an absolutely amazing job with the performance in my eyes. *v*
(Although I screwed up a little, sorry!)
I mean, come on, everything in 2D1N?!
Give yourselves some credit. :D
I am so thankful to have the eight of you with me.
It really touches my heart to see how you lot get along and how you guys are so into the language.
If you say that HY & I have inspired you..
Trust me, you guys inspired me just as much.
I live on the people that surround me(as I've mentioned before),
I need to see the people around me have the same passion,
I need to see the people around me smile and find something I believe in worthy,
I need to see the people around me be able to bring back something from being around me,
These are the things that keeps me going, that gives me the drive, that makes me do my happy dance on the inside.
And you, Terracotta, did it for me.

To the 12 of you. 
  Am so, so, so happy and proud of each and every one of you for pulling through, yet again.
I actually feel pretty sad that I didn't really manage to spend time with any of you throughout the camp at all, hardly managed to even sit and talk to you guys. :(
We didn't even manage to have picture together so I have to use CC's.
(Which is still my favorite set of peektures hehe.) :')
But, can you believe it?
We did it again.
We started from scratch and we managed to make everything happen.
I know I've said this many times..
I am so thankful to be in this department because I get to see that all your efforts did not go to waste.
All your time and energy spent on this did not go down in vain.
I wish you could all see it and know that it was all worth it.
Thank you for hanging and pushing on.
Thank You, from Me.
Another chapter closes. 
 Much love.

PS. More pictures on the Hi! Club Facebook Page,
and more videos on the Hi! Club Youtube Channel.

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment