Saturday 18 October 2014

20 FACTS ABOUT LIN. ^^ :)

Hi
I'm sure you lot know what this tag is about.
After being tagged once,
I told myself that I'd do it if I was tagged twice,
Then I got tagged twice,
So I told myself that I'd do it if I was tagged thrice,
Then I got tagged thrice..
So here I am hehe.

Obviously, it's just an instagram tag,
but knowing myself,
the space given on instagram is totally not enough.
Hence I've turned it into a blog post.
Just felt that I can further share with you my experiences and the facts.
Am I taking this too far?
Ah well.
If you're leaving my the time you read this part,
Have a good day! ^^ :)

  • I introduce myself as Lin too much
So much so that when someone calls for Amalina, people will respond with "There's no Amalina here" or "Who is that?"
I also think that my response would be a little slower if people call me that now :/
Not good.
  • I absolutely love cooking and baking
Not sure how it came about, but I just grew to love being in the kitchen.
I don't even know what's so nice about cooking or baking, but sometimes it does feel therapeutic, and I love playing with flavors and textures..
Although I know so little about it.
Who would know that just by adding some salty crunch to smooth, sweet and creamy ice cream would make ice cream taste that much better?!
I also love the fact the end product is also like a reward for yourself - if it's a success then you actually get to eat it.
Mmmm.
And I kinda have quite a sweet tooth so I'm always craving some kind of baked dessert.
Here's just some of the things I've made. ^^

I just can never get Red Velvet Cake right.
Not even the cake, not even the frosting.
I just don't know why. >:(
Mozzarella Meatballs.
I really liked this one.
Spicy charred Salmon & Fruity Salsa.
 I liked this one too, kind of watched some videos on YouTube and tried them out.
Played on the flavors - spicy, char-y Salmon with the cooling and sweet Mangrape (heh) Salsa.
Mmhmm.
Some tarts.
Usual Chocolate Brownie Cups.
Aglio Olio with Shrimp.
Cookie Bars!
 I'd even like to teach (children) how to bake too.
Pretty sure when I have children I'll bring them to the kitchen and get them involved with cooking/baking too. :>
YouTube is where I get most of my skills/recipes from.
Of course, I got them from my Mum & Grandma too hehe.
If given the chance, I would actually love to experience working in the kitchen some time.
(Although my friends would probably disagree hahaha.)
One of my dreams is to open a bakery or cafe. ^^
  • I take naps anywhere, if not everywhere
I love my sleep and do not work optimally when I'm lacking sleep.
Sleep is very, very crucial for me to effectively work through my days..
So during school periods, I will always cram a nap in during my break times.
These naps vary from 20 minutes to an hour, by the way.
You can ask my mates, they are my alarm clocks hahaha love you girls.
They have also referred to me as the more grown up version of this cute little girl in this vine :'D
  • I LOVE yeast doughs after they've risen
Pizza doughs, doughnuts doughs..you name it.
I just love them - they become so fluffy and soft and just beautiful - it makes me want to hug it.
>< 
Here's some for you to look at, in case you've never seen one before.
Wish you could just poke it though hehe. :>
Left this bottom in the fridge because I didn't want to use all of it the day before..
And look at how it still rose and puffed out in the bag! ^^
This top one is a donut dough.
Slightly different texture as you can see. :>
Looooook at how cute it is!!! ^^ :'D
  • I do not let people taste my cooking/baking in front of me
Except my family :>
Hahaha I just really don't feel confident about my cooking/baking.
And we all know that although we eat with our eyes first,
it's the taste that matters.
So yes. :') 
  • I really, really, really enjoy dance
I say "dance" without the "ing"
because I love both watching and dancing.
Besides giving me a good workout (which I need most of the time),
it's just really fun and expressive and..music.
I also love performing,
and I feel that I'm most comfortable and confident when performing something that doesn't require me to use my voice.
Thus dancing/song signing, I love it. ^^ 
There's so much about dancing I really want to learn too. :)
Moose is my Number 1 favorite male celebrity crush, I think.
Hehehehe those who has watched him in movies/etc with me would know. :'D
Quest Crew is one of the first dance crews I knew about, all thanks to the Said Sister. :>
Got to watch them live once, which was so amazing, and I am actually in one of their videos which was made while they were here!
You can try finding it, but I was just embarrassing hahaha.
We were told to say our names and where we were from, and I almost said "Ang Mo Kio" instead of just Singapore.
Who on earth would know where Ang Mo Kio is, Lin? :')
There you go, another fun fact about me. ^^ :>
Really makes me want to go to Norway. :>
Also got to watch them live, which was just as amazing.
Well, I kind of got to watch part of them live too.
One of whom was my favorite female dancer, Bianca Vallar.
So yes, bottom line is;
I really love dance and dancing,
and I hope I'll get to do more of it in the future. ^^ 
  • I have a watermelon obsession
The fruit, the colors of the fruit, the shape, everything.
Therefore I am also known as "Watermelin". :> 
Here are just some of my watermelon-related things. :'D
Who else would make Watermelons out of playdough?!
Those bright watermelon colours. *v*
 My Watermelon kicks from Vans, which are pretty worn out now. :(
You've worked hard, my loves. :')
 
  • It gives me a sense of comfort when I'm sitting at the end corner of the table or in between two people (middle child problems)
I have no idea why.
I think I just feel more comfortable and at ease when I'm like "enclosed"?
I wouldn't consider myself claustrophobic
(unless you're talking about the mascot of Santa Claus ha ha ha)
((Unless I'm in an extremely tiny box where I cannot move my limbs for a prolonged period of time duh))
But sitting on aisle seats just makes me feel really icky, like I'm so exposed and anything can happen and I don't have a sense of protectedness(?).
So yeah, it annoys my friends sometimes because I'll always want the middle seat hehehehe.
But it's not something that would kill me, I don't mind not sitting in the middle.
It's just a mere preference. :>
  • Ailurophobic - persistent, irrational fear of cats 
I think that they're cute but the anxiety and fear is too real which is very, very, very difficult for me to face and deal with :(
It's a phobia that I grew up with, but I don't remember there being any bad or scary past experiences with cats.
Firstly, their eyes are just plain scary - I cannot look at cats in the eyes.
Secondly, they can be so quick and unpredictable - is it going to jump at me and use the claws to just grip my clothes?! What, cat, what are you going to do?! :'(
Even when the cat just walks to walk around my legs and be "manja", no way man.
No way.
I also talked about this before here :> 
Me if I ever got handed over a cat.
Was googling images for when people are too scared of cats and "threw" them..
And for some reason I found these bridal cat-throwing thing..
  • Aquaphobic - persistent and abnormal fear of water
 It's not that extreme,
But I just cannot stand standing on the edge,
looking down on deep dark waters,
or being on a boat with strong waves,
and the boat just swishing around up and down,
or being on a big ship, even on a cruise,
being out in the middle of the sea for weeks,
and not knowing what's in the ocean, stranded out there and seeing no land,
what if something just jumps out,
and even if you look at the little fishes deep down in the ocean..
I don't think they're actually that small up close now, are they?
 I just cant. :( 

  • YouTube is a very happy place for me, probably my most favorite social media site ^^
I just feel that it's one way to pick up a new skill at your own pace and comfort..?
For example, I think I learned a lot about cooking and baking just from watching videos on youtube, and it's also where I get my recipes from to try and improve on.
And, say, you've developed an interest in dancing and want to learn some moves,
you can just search it up on the site and try it out and practice somewhere you're comfortable at,
be it in a comfortable place at home or if you don't wish to have a gazillion eyes on your horrible developing skills :')
Besides that, sometimes you find really funny and/or relatable Youtubers.
Some of whose videos which you can watch (and re-watch) and really have a good laugh,
and others which you can relate to, such as awkward situations in public and whatnot.
I don't know, it may be a little bit of a creep, but I just think that it's interesting to see and know that there are people who are more or less a little like you out there in the world.
^^

  • I blog
because I feel that when I hand-type or hand-write my thoughts and feelings,
they are more genuine and sincere as I can think my words through more carefully,
and my words are not rushed and thus I can express myself better.
I also feel that although sometimes my on-the-spot answers may be more honest and "sober" (in a sense),
I feel like writing or typing is the best way to express myself.
  • 've always wanted to be a teacher since I was in Kindergarten.
 I love that feeling of being able to share knowledge and having your students leave the classroom/ being excited over what they have just learned. :)
Even better when you see your children/students wanting to spread that knowledge that you've shared with them.
It makes me feel accomplished, as though I've connected with another human and gotten in touch with with life. ^^ 

  • Stuck in between two annoying and punny siblings who have the same birthday, except me
Need I say more?
Sometimes I feel rather lonely because my siblings share the same birthday.
But I've grown to embrace it as I got older. :}
It's quite nice having the cake all to yourself.
HAHA.
But the family usually celebrates the February babies together,
so I'm happy to celebrate with my Uncle in these years! ^^
Also so, so happy that the three of us get along so well despite our own differences,
and despite me having a little bit of a hard time in my first handful of years *glares at Said Sister HAHA*;
 we still have the same type of humor and whatnot, which makes it so enjoyable when you put the three of us together. :P
Apparently, the three of us also look pretty much exactly like each other.
According to some, I look exactly like my brother
And to others, I look exactly like my sister.
We're basically triplets lol.
CONVERSATION FLASHBACK:
One fine day, the brother asked Mum..
Bro: What do you think would happen if the three of us were triplets?
Mum: -without a moment of hesitation/thinking- HUH I'D GO CRAZY.
Hahahahahaha :'D  
You tell me.
  • Health is something super duper important and sensitive to me
It affects me the greatest when the health of people whom I really care for is compromised.
'nough said.
  • I LOVE puns and crazy socks!!! :D
I love language, wordplay and all that fun stuff.
If you've been stuck with me long enough then you'll realise how annoyingly punny I can be. :'D
Mmm, really appreciate a good pun/wordplay. *v*
I also probably already have a little collection of crazy pattern socks by now. :')
Not sure how it started,
but I do like patterns quite a bit,
and apparently I like wearing them on my feet more than anywhere else. :/
It's like a little surprise for everyone's eyes whenever I take my shoes off. 
"Bet you didn't see these socks coming! :>"
^^ 

  • Generally quite reserved, and not so much of a straightforward person.
Also always saying the wrong things, which is why I'd much rather type or write..
Would also much rather not say anything if I have nothing meaningful to say;
it's better than just saying empty words that mean nothing at all.
I do admit that sometimes my words are quite long-winded and not straight to the point,
and I understand that some people would rather have it straight in the face..
But I feel just really feel the need to arrange and put my thoughts/words in the best way possible,
because I really abhor and avoid shooting people down.
Because I feel that words are really, very powerful. 
However, I also strongly feel that comfortable silence is one of the best things that me and a person could share. :) 
  • My favorite pasta shape is Fusilli
These ones.
Just thought I'd let you know. ^^ :>
  • My Top 3 food items are corn, potatoes and eggplant
(Or aubergine, since I'd love to go British.)
One fine day, my Grandma decided to cook something called Corn Rice;
which is rice, some spices....and CORN.
Best food item ever, every time she cooks it, I'll eat it non-stop;
I eat it on it's own (which I feel is the best), I snack on it, I munch on it whenever possible, I eat it with anything I possibly can. :>
I also do love a big cup of ol' sweet corn. Mmmmmm.
As for potatoes...come on.
Fries, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, potato wedges..yum.
But only if they're cooked right though.
I love it when potato wedges are super crispy on the outside but just fluffy potato goodness on the inside..
Which means that I do not like soggy fries, yuck.
 Lastly, eggplants / aubergines.
It might look weird and I actually think that I didn't like it the first time I tasted it..
But now I think it tastes so good, especially with sambal.
I do eat it on its own too, because I just love it.
My favorite veggie yay.

Wow, Lin, such as interesting fact about yourself. Ha :'D
  • Truly believe in (role) modelling
Treat others how you want to be treated,
Don't do to others the things you don't want others to do to you,
And do more of the things which you want others to do too. :)
As an aspiring early childhood educator,
we learn that children are more likely to take after and do the things which they see you do,
and personally, I feel that when someone wants you to do something, yet they themselves are not doing it, I don't see a point in me doing (or even trying) it since you're not doing it anyway.
I just feel that if you expect something out of someone,
you have to be of exemplary and show that you are a part of it just as much as he/she is. :) 

If you have managed to read this thus far,
I LOVE YOU! ^^

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye 

No comments:

Post a Comment