Sunday 24 April 2016

FLC; Bali, Indonesia. 25-280216!. (Part Two.)

HAI
The Bali vibes resumes..

Day 3 - 27 February 2016.
I have no recollection of what time I woke that morning.
Definitely not 2AM, but definitely still pretty early because we wanted to fill our stomachs and have a swim!!
Slight change in plans to have breakfast and then have a swim at the hotel's pool instead of heading over to Waterbom.
#NOREGRETS
I think the hotel has a beautiful pool.
I think it was around 1.2m deep so it was just nice for me. :>
It was just us in the pool - and then join by another pair.
Played some (failed) games and recorded some (also failed) videos.
We need to make that WildWildWet trip happen. :O
Love pool times. ^^

Tony picked us up at around 1PM, and the first place we were headed to was KRISNA.
It's sort of a departmental store style shop that sells many, many, many things which you can buy as souvenirs without the hassle of bargaining, etc.
The things here are so affordable that I wanted to buy the most redundant stuff and wished that I bought more stuff.
x.x
Think we spent about 1.5 hours in here.
I think there's quite a few outlets but we went to the one closest to the hotel. ^^
MY FIRST BUCKET HAT!!
At about S$4!
*must make self wear it more*
We still had time before heading to Uluwatu so we dropped by Dreamland Beach.
Wenfy looks super cute in that hat!!
Here we waited for the shuttle bus which brought us on a short, but speedy journey to the beach itself.
I was not joking when I say speedy.
Also, they didn't have a flippin' door.
People like me have to sit on the inner/back seats because I fly easily.
I have flown two seats away from my actual seat when a SBS bus braked hard, so I aint risking anything.
Dreamland Beach had way lesser people compared to Kuta Beach.
Next time I'll definitely set aside some time to chill on the beach.
A nenek (grandma) also kept asking if we wanted a massage.
But we're ticklish people and were short of time so ya.
Uncle Joe said that these neneks give good massages though.
Is that Teletubby land.
Wenfy climbed all the way up there and freaked us out HAHAHA.
See if you can spot her!
Really, really gorgeous beach.
Tony told us that Julia Roberts (methinks) came here to shoot Eat Pray Love.
If I remembered correctly.
I cannot deal with such endless blue sea, blue skies, white cotton candy clouds.
I'm telling you - the beaches here are a dream.
(see what I did there)
On the way back to the car, I got some Roasted/Grilled Corn on the cob.
I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable when conversing with people here!!!
(Probably just me.)
I got the spicy-flavored ones and these were the bomb dot com.
S$1 per cob UGH THAT'S CRAZY.
And I never knew how filling an entire corn can be. :|
I thoroughly enjoyed this and as I am typing about it I am craving for it so badly.
T.T
Also, I noticed that people here never receive things with their left hand.
As I was paying for this, I was shorthanded (I bought two and managed to pass one to Wenfy)
Him: Wants to pass me the corn with right hand.
Lin: Wants to receive corn with right hand.
Also Lin: Wants to pay with right hand.
Him: Refuses to receive cash with left hand.
So we ended up in this awkward "you take it first" "oh but" "no you take it first" interaction when finally..
Lin: Receives corn with left hand.
Also Lin: Passes money with right hand.
Him: Receives money with right hand.
Thanks for the corn though..
The view from Wenfy's high POV is really spectacular though. *v*

A fairly short car ride later, we arrived in Uluwatu!!!
Tony warned us about the naughty monkeys which scared us pretty seriously.
We arrived, paid for entry tickets, got the sacred band cloth thingies and made it through with almost no monkeys!!!!!!
I am overjoyed because I had a bad encounter with monkeys once (in Singapore) which scarred me so I really cant do monkeys.
Was it that bad?
Yes, it was that bad.
Uluwatu Temple was so painstakingly gorgeous and stunning!!!!!
Bear in mind that we did not take the entire trail of climbing to the cliffs.
(As much I wish I did - but I guess that's saved for another time. A part of me doesn't think I could deal with the monkeys if I were to walk the trail but I guess God knows if I will next time. There'll be opportunities.)
Oh my goodness I think after the two months, I've almost forgotten how gorgeous this place is.
The entire landscape was just *v*
I really can go on and on.
Our main goal coming here was for the Traditional Kecak & Fire Dance.
We got a pretty good seat overlooking the performance area and the gorgeous, gorgeous sea, sun and sky.
Probably the ideal seat to witness and enjoy both the performance and the sunset.
The sun was in our eyes and I left my hat and sunnies in the car.
(Y) GOOD JOB (Y)
I enjoyed the performance really very much.
A bit wasted that it started pouring towards the end, causing lots of people to leave halfway and lots more people rushing to leave at the end.
And my hopes and dreams of witnessing the sunset to go down the drain because instead I witnessed a rain cloud inching closer and closer..
Yep.
Got some (terrible) selfies with some of the main characters.
The White Monkey God - Hanuman - is probably my favorite character, really cracked us up.
Yes, we were inevitably and quite voluntarily caught in the rain.
So we were stuck with some other 20 plus people under a small shelter area, which also happens to be the toilet. :|
Asked a lady if we could borrow her phone to make a short call to Tony, but there was no signal.
So it was just us and her.
We followed her and this other staff out, saw Tony, were utterly overjoyed and relieved that we almost forgot to return the sacred cloth thingies (we did, no worries), and then hopped into the car, wet.
Couldn't stop laughing at how relieved we were upon seeing Tony.
:'D
Drove to Discovery Shopping Mall and reached at around 9PM due to traffic.
With only one hour of shopping time, we went all out and got dinner plus some additional souvenirs, etc.
The situation every night.
O$P$
Yes there's even a notebook to calculate everything #THANKSRIFQA :')
Room Service Round Two.
I think I took this picture cause of RUSTIK NO HITO kekekekekeke.
Banana Split & Rustik No Hito.
Mask night!!!
Used the mask that Dina gave me on the first night as a gift.
Mini verdict because I've used it a couple more times;
I LOVE IT.
I've used those normal/usual face masks before but I can definitely say that these ones work better.
It hydrates my skin with just one use (probably would do a better job with more frequent usage) and it doesn't feel heavy and tacky like the others I've used, which made it sooo comfortable, especially once it dries down.
It also almost calms down any acne that I have and just feels great!
My Beauty Diary - Bird's Nest.

Day 4 - 28 February 2016.
Woke up to find my tights missing so I had to wear the PJs for the day.
(Initially planned to wear my wrap skirt but desperate times calls for desperate needs LOL. All other pants were soiled.)
Let me introduce you to my favorite way to eat cereal.
Add milk.
Add fruit chunks.
Enjoy!
1) I do not like my cereal soggy so I eat it ASAP.
2) Particularly enjoy this because hotel breakfasts always have their fruits already cut up in chunks so (Y)
3) This whole idea probably came about because I was too lazy to take another bowl for the fruits and my cereal was sitting in the milk for too long so I just dropped the fruit in there. :>
#NOREGRETS
Also, eggs.
And some processed meat.
I was so tired that morning because I had only about 3 hours of sleep and was dreading the entire travelling affair that we have to deal with later on (checking in to our flights - depositing bags - the many bag checks - blah blah blah).
I love flying.
I just don't like to do it on 3 hours of sleep. :|
We went for a little last minute shopping trip around Poppies Lanes.
So different in daylight.
Also, the shops open pretty late, huh?
I got two shirts for around S$15 each so I feel really cheated.
But the dude was annoying and I was in no mood to bargain.
Lucky you.
I didn't take any pictures of the street shops, and this one was from Wenfy's camera.
Which I photographed more.
Tony was already at the lobby when we returned (still had 15minutes) so we grabbed our stuff, and then headed down where Rifqa & I did the checking out.
There's something about bringing your own suitcase/luggage that makes me feel happy and troublesome.
Thank you very much, Harper Kuta, you served us really well.
BO$$.
Reached the airport and settled everything in good time.
It was a looooooong walk to the gate so some of us managed to do a wee bit more shopping.
Ngurah Rai Airport is really quite nice, though, I was quite impressed.
So different from Bandung's Airport (will be posting about Bandung after this!).
Waited a while for the plane to arrive and everything.
Does anyone else have this pet peeve of going to the washroom mid flight?
OK so I haven't been on flights longer than 2 hours but I seriously cannot imagine having to go to the washroom mid flight /dreads the day that happens/.
Touched down slightly later, gathered our bags and soon it was goodbye. :(

Favorite pictures of the days:
Really recommend watching the Traditional Kecak & Fire Dance.
There are alot of other places where you can watch the performance, but I think the one here at Uluwatu Temple is one of the more famous ones.
I've said this so many times, but thank you Tony and thank you babes for this trip.
And thank you to Mum and Dad and all you girls' Mums and Dads as well for allowing this trip to happen.
Thank you for entrusting me with whatever I was able to contribute to this trip, and for being okay with me and the almost unintentional Mummy role I played.
This was a great kick start to life after Poly, I suppose?
See you girls again soon.
*hearts*

Oh also, I suggest reading Rifqa's blog post about the trip.
I honestly think she did a better job at it. :')
Enjoi! ^^

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye





No comments:

Post a Comment