Thursday 14 April 2016

FLC; Bali, Indonesia. 25-280216!. (Part One.)

Hello!
Kicked off the Graduation Trip 15 days after the last day of school.
I guess we were the first few to have our gradtrip as our last day of school was much earlier than others.
Well, here it is.
Bali, we went.

Day 1 - 25 February 2016.
Apparently I was most concerned about food in the morning. :x
Weird having the responsibility to look after my own luggage. :/
But not complaining HEEHEEHEE.
Printed the boarding passes and baggage sticker things, checked in our bags, and then we had some time for breakfast.
So new with all the self-check in things.
Troublesome also tbh, and the tickets were like just a piece of paper which did not even have perforated lines so they literally just ripped it.
Bummer.
Thanks bruh for coming along with Mum.
My food needs were met.
The porridge was soo hot though.
Had to keep blowing at it to cool it down.
But burned my tongue anyways cause I was too hungry.
Soon it was time to go~
Just realised that Esther did not join these pictures!!
Why!!
O.O
Still haven't sunk in.
Probably because of the London attractions set up in the departure hall. :O
Not-so-big Ben.
London Bus!!
I think we were the last few to get on board cause GOSH we got the last belt and walking there seemed to take forever. :|
Was abit rushed but hello plane, hello!!! ^^
Dina was my plane buddy to and fro.
The flight took longer than stated, and there was nothing worse than having the dire need to pee and being stuck in a freaking stuffy and warm plane.
Yeah, not the best ride.
But we got to our destination safely, so okay.
Got our bags, some maps, passports chopped, and then we exited the arrival hall to look for Tony, our driver.
Hahaha we joked about Rifqa being famous for a minute because she'd have her name up on the board/paper thingie.
Took a while before we found him, and then we made the exit and walked over to the carpark.
Words cannot explain how on the edge I felt - being in a foreign country alone.
"Alone"
But, it still hasn't sunk in yet at this point.
Split cars because one couldn't fit us all plus the bags
- Tony, Rifqa, Me
- Joko (hope I spelled it right), Dina, Natha, Wenfy
Small talk with Tony throughout the journey.
Easy to talk to, and I was quite amazed with my own talking abilities. :'D
(Fun fact: We were not sure if Tony was Tony until we were in the car because he formerly said he couldn't make it. Lol. Good job.)
Pretty Ukeleles!!
Basically me snapping pictures of whatever places he said had Halal food.
My food concerns clearly still apply.
Impression of Bali so far -
1) Lots of foreigners (on bikes, especially Westerners, Caucasians, etc.)
2) You get stuck on the road everywhere
3) Shops everywhere
Drove exactly past the 2002 Bali Bombing Site.
Tony shared that he was really close by when the bombing happened, and said that it felt like the end of the world.
*shivers*
Taxi Nakal.
Naughty Taxi?
Finally arrived at Harper Kuta, the hotel.
The other 3 arrived first and just waiting for us because we had the booking stuff. :')
Soz.
Oh this was the Complimentary Drink which was really tasty. O.O
Checked in and loved our room!!
We split - Rifqa Lin Dina - Natha Wenfy.
The toilet is so gorgeous (no bathtub tho sobz) with quite alot of amenities!!
(The hairdryer is weak though. Just sayin.)
How cool is the toilet entrance too, though?!
Can I have this for my future house too *v*
Rested for a while, washed up and out we go to look for Beachwalk Shopping Centre!
OOTD all crumpled up.
Asked the receptionist for directions, got it and a photocopied map (which they probably have a big stack of for these kind of people heh) and off we went.
After one too many errors and asking people for directions, we finally found it!!!
And just in time for...
THE SUPER PRETTY SUNSET.
And pretty much the only sunset we got to witness.. :(
Decided to cross over the road to look at it better. ^^
How awkward but yeah it is what it is.
NO REGRETS!!
I've never seen a sunset much like that *v*
Off to look for food afterwards.
As I sat down and ate my pasta and sipped on my drink, it finally sunk in..
That I'm in Bali.
With the four other babes.
:O :O :O :O :O
Night falls and we had to head back soon so no chances of shopping though I saw some shops which looked good. :>
I shall not elaborate but say that after walking a few rounds, having a huge rat walk over my feet, ignoring annoying comments and more asking, we finally made it back.
HELLOOOOO HARPER.
Natha noticed this beautiful portrait. :'D



Day 2 - 26 February 2016
Day 2 started off really early - like really early - like I could actually just continue from last night's story cause it felt like the same day.
We were headed for Lovina Beach which was all the way up North from where we stayed.
So off we left at 2:54AM, and being the only people to come down to the lobby at such timing that they had to switch on the lights for us. :')
Tony came to pick us up and we walked a short distance to the car and our road trip started at 320AM.
Tony and Joko told us that it was "still a long way to go, so you can sleep first" which we did. :')
Around 2.5 hours later plus one pit stop, we reached Lovina Beach!!
It was still pretty dark when we reached.
At the Indomaret shop though..
Lin: *asking the staff* Where's the toilet?
Guy: *says something I couldn't grasp*
Lin: Sorry, what?
Guy: *something something*
Lin: Huh? .......O.O
Lin and Guy: *Stares at each other blankly*
Guy: Ya the toilet is over there.
And then I spent the next twenty minutes wondering what the heck he said and recovering from that awkward encounter.
Back to Lovina Beach.
Kinda sorta got to see the sunrise.
Seeing the small boats and the big ocean did scare me a little.
BUT HEY HO I'M HERE LET'S GO!
Here's a picture of us five in our life jackets making us look like the Teletubbies!!
Gosh, we look tiny.
Got on the boat after a slight struggle :x
It was an amazing, therapeutic journey.
Most of us were quiet, just absorbing the entire atmosphere I suppose.
Snapped some nice pictures though.

*mad squeals for dolphins!!!!*
/so shady/
Everyone secretly took a boat-nap while we sail our way back to shore.
:')
Next was a short drive to see the GitGit Waterfall.
About S$0.50 entry ticket per person.
(Tour guides and locals enter for free if I'm not wrong.)
Clean water running through.
I CAN SEE IT FROM HERE!
Can I? O.O
Coffee Plant!!
It was a bit of a downward hike with steep, huge steps but the journey was totally worth it.
Cannot even describe how amazing and majestic it was.
I've only ever been to one other natural waterfall at Kota Tinggi but I don't think that compares to this.
When the wet and humid environment drives your hair crazy.
The closest I got thanks to Natha's urges. :P
Lunch @ Rumah Makan Taliwang.
Most of us ended up ordering the same thing but LOOK.
We got 1 whole (skinny) chicken per person and the sambal was super duper bomb!!!
I liked this quite a bit!
Headed here after lunch, which was just across where we had lunch!
With a middle-seat-debate with Rifqa, Dina and I.
Mainly Rifqa & Lin vs Dina.
They'll know what I'm talking about HAHAHA.
That's about S$1 per person.
CORN!
Pretty flooring everywhere.
It was a huge spacey temple overlooking a very pretty lake and hills and misty clouds.
The structures themselves were beautiful.
Bridge of faith.
(loljk)
And yes I wore slippers the entire day..
Deers!
Dramatic Play corner?!

Next stop: Tanah Lot.
And for a period of time in the journey, we were all awake! :D
It was drizzling when we reached, so we got our umbrellas/hoodie/caps on.
There was quite a lot of people, and the atmosphere felt very damp and almost creepy.
The tide was high and waves were rough so there was no chances of crossing over.
It looks like ships.
Still pretty though.
Got these pictures for S$2 each.
Random decision just to support.
How often do you see this happening? Ahahah.
Full Gamelan performance going on.
I wish I knew how to play the Gamelan, it looks pretty straightforward.
Seeing these kinds of things always bring me back to one thought;
Wanting to perform.
The sky got clearer as we got to the other higher side.
(I think I also slipped and almost fell somewhere up this point lol.)
How bare our faces are.
The view from this point was astonishing.
It was just so darn gorgeous.
I don't know if it's because I'm a water sign, but even though I do fear (deep) waters, scenes like these always leaves me stunned.
The dark blue x light blue x flashes of white is just..dang.
(I read that sign as "Dangerous Chef" heh)
That's the thing about Bali;
it's just an entire horizon of water.
No interruption from boats/ships/anything.
Just the blue sea and the blue sky.
I could've definitely spent more time here.
But we had to leave for dinner.
Road Reminders.
Bali Highway.
Looks like something out of Hot Wheels don't it.
Jimbaran Bay.
I'll let the pictures do the t





Sadly, luck was not on our side as the sky got dark - because of rain.
So we had to wave (heh) goodbye to the beach and view and move indoors.
:"(
/CRIES/
I REALLY WANTED TO WATCH THE SUNSET HERE. T.T
Hi Wenfy.
I think the total price per person was about S$16-18?
Which was okay for me.

Hi Wenfy's hand.
We ate at the Caviar Cafe!
Gentle..?
Drove back to the hotel after dinner because we were already exhausted.
Chilled, the babes ordered room service and then I slept pretty early.
I think.
Some favorite pictures of the day!

Working on Part Two!

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye











No comments:

Post a Comment