Thursday 2 April 2015

02-030315; S8VENTURES: BATAM + LAST OF BIRTHDAY + FAREWELL!. ^^ :)

Hi hello!
It has been a while since I've stepped foot into a place that isn't in Singapore or Jaybee.
Mum was going to a trip with her friends and asked us along. :>
So off we went to..
BATAM!. :)
Really early in the AM at Harbourfront to get our tickets.
We're taking a ferry. :O
Only 45 minutes to Jodoh, you guys.
Amaciam? ;)
HAHAHA #malayswouldknow
Do you like my Minion passport case. :>
Got it from USS cause. :'D
I think we rode on that.
Dad. :'D
Then he helped me snap a picture too. :'D
Step airport HAHAHA.
Shameless toilet selfie.
With my 'stache shirt which says "Hello Handsome". ;}
I think I look quite tall here, no??
Angles. ;)
Hee.
They really like using QR codes here.
Man, I'm never a fan of deep waters.
Was pretty nervous about this.
But in my head I was just telling myself to go jer.
Yes, friends, I do have troubles with deep waters.
They have special lifejackets for girls??
Hahahaha just kidding.
So I slept throughout the journey.
The first part was weird and made me feel a little nauseous, when the ferry wasn't moving but just floating around.
And then when it picked up speed and "jumped" at one time.
My heart probably jumped with it.
But I just listened to much BTS and just -_- the whole way through.
And then we're finally here!
The hotel was right next to the ferry terminal place thing so had no trouble traveling there!
That sky though.
Hahaha Dad snapped this.
Of course he included Mum in the picture too. :')
Stepped in the lobby and immediately got served these drinks.
The cups are so cute!
It's some lemongrass drink which I didn't like though.
The clocks at the hotel showed the time in Singapore, Batam and London.
IT'S A SIGNNNNNNNNNNN :O
HAHAHA.
Did I mention the security guard was the one who served us the drinks?
OMG Batam.
"Flower by Kenzo??"
Left our bags and headed over to the mall for lunch.
Check out this spread though.
Carousel!!
Look at how spacious their arcade is. :O *v*
Plus they have eggplant chairs!!
I've seen hotdogs and hamburgers but EGGPLANT!!
*walks*
Dad: Eh, I thought it's a restaurant. The name's Crispy Duck.
:'D
I found Jup Jup!!
I found the circle hat thing that I've been looking for for awhile.
[Warning: Many selfies with hat has been taken.]
Headed back to the hotel for a change of clothing and to deposit our shopping baggage.
#TWINNING
^^
OOTD picture taking process.
Know what's on the menu tonight?
ME N U.
;)
Hopped on the taxi and the man drove us to the dinner place, a twenty-or-so minute drive.
We saw the sunset as we were on the hanging bridge.
Picture obviously didn't do any justice to the sunset as we were moving and stuff.
But it was definitely so much better than the one seen at Ion Sky. :'D
At the dinner place.
Reminds me of the restaurant Saujana in Malaysia.
It's literally floating.
*cringe*
I tasted my first Gong Gong.
It was a rather quick decision I made without too much thinking.
It wasn't too bad though, I would've probably ate more of it but I was worried that my stomach couldn't take it. :')
Oh we also watched them catch the fishes and stuff.
How you like my style :'D
Batik skirt + high striped socks + Nyjah DCs :'D
You know, just the moon.
On the drive back to the hotel.
Stopped by for roasted corn but I chose to stay in the car while they went out hehehe.
"Which floor to Hariss Harun?"
:'D
^^
Roasted Corn which has had some mishaps.
Man corn is so good.
Toiletries plate!
The hotel is REALLY generous with their pillows.
They provided two head pillows and one bolster [Big Hug though] and their blanket was amazing too.
*v*
Mum's friend gave us a box of Chocolate Cheese Banana Fritters too.
We saw some stalls selling these "Goreng Pisang Keju" but were kind of unsure about it.
But I tasted it and it was so good?!?! :O
Like you thought Goreng Pisang was already darn good but this?? :'O
#bedgoals
Woke pretty early the next morning for breakfast.
View from the lift lobby.
Yes they actually have a "WELCOME TO BATAM" sign on the hill over there aint it cool.
Sent this to Ashley and she asked if I took this from google. :')
Ashley pls. :')
Breakfast!!
Was happily eating when this mascot suddenly appeared!
HOW CUTE.
But there weren't many people around.
And then suddenly the whole breakfast crew came to the middle to do a little dance for us!
Almost like morning Zumba hahaha.
I think it was really cool!
Dad casually walking pass. :')
I heard from Mum that they do this on a daily basis.
And I think it's pretty darn impressive, especially with considering the fact that there don't seem to be many people staying over at the hotel.
But thanks that was much appreciated. :')
Who takes a plate of corn and eggs only?
Me!
Hahaha @ happy happy not-so-happy sad. :')
Went to check out the pool because we couldn't have a swim. :(
They had these really cute bed nest things which I would love to have as well. :'D
Enjoy yet another picture taking process.
Gosh, that view. That sky.
View from our room.
[Yes, if ever given the choice - which I doubt will happen anyway - I wouldn't dare live in a place facing the ocean. It's way too scary. Nope. No way.]
Another selfie with hat!
The sun was strikingly hot.
The colourful window things look like post-it notes.
Went back to the mall after checking out of the hotel to go to the hypermart.
Lulz inside joke. :P
I found the thingy Aqilah gave me the other day!
They're really tasty by the way, if you like white chocolate!!
Boxed Tea.
*v*
In Milk, Dark and Festive.
[I bought the Festive one.]
A whole row of individual packs of Instant Noodles.
Which was cool cause I get to pick random flavours and not having to get the whole six packs.
In a different context, though, a whole six packs would be absolutely fitting.
#iykwim
Hahaha pretty cool how they could come up with making this!
We finally finally finally took the overhead bridge to cross the road.
We've been *cough* jaywalking the whole time and the number of times we awkwardly waited/hesitated/getting honked at was kinda getting to me.
Lunch was Chikkin Noodle Soup and Iced Sweet Tea.
Dad and his Chikkin Porridge.
We also had Rojak which, well, we asked for spicy and it really was very spicy.
Headed to J.CO for donuts and it and - OMG - really good donuts and a really good price.
Reasons to stay in Batam HAHAHA.
Their names for their donuts though,
Nomnomnom.
Dad: Do you think Iman would need that racket?
Lin: *laughs but didn't see it*
- a few minutes later -
Lin: *turns and sees the huge racket* OMG I just knew what you meant. :'D
HAHAHA IT'S HUGE.
The lounge thingy for when we wait for our boat.
Hopped on and went to blanked out yet again~ :D
And in a blink of an eye we've already hit Singapore waters yet again.
:D
Met up with Ashley and headed to the airport right then!


Had dinner at Burger King and then she brought out this little thingy!
Hehehe presents are exciting, aren't they. ^^
:D
It's a puzzle!
Okay I love how fancy it looks with the green stringy things and the test tube of lucky stars and paper cranes and puzzle pieces.
Loved it!!
Walked around while waiting for John to arrive and saw Zoella's book!!
^^
Also got a little shared gift for John and then he's here~
So yes, farewell good friend, I'll see you again soon!! :)
And here is the completed puzzle.
TADAH!
It took me quite a while to finish it cause HAHA haven't done puzzles since forever.
But really, really love the whole collage of pictures and everything!
THANK YOU ASHLEY! ^^ :D

That was a much needed getaway although it wasn't long enough.
I actually would really love to just spend a whole day staying in the hotel's bed and having calling for food and going to the pool whoooooop!
Especially the bed HAHA can you tell how much I love the bed. :')
Alrighty then.
We're left with about two weeks of break and it's back to school!
Gonna try not to count the days but make it count, still!

Hope March treated you well and April would be better!

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment