Sunday 12 January 2014

Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts!.

Hello!
I am back for a little post because I have been working on a 1500 word essay and I really just want to type about something else.
So here goes!
Managed to squeeze some time and bake something new today since I had a little craving.
I initially wanted to make the baked version, but I didn't have much ingredients at home and I only wanted to use up whatever I had in the fridge.
Therefore I made the no-bake version.
So tadaa!
Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts!
Recipe by Joyofbaking. :)
 Review:
I had to tweak the recipe amounts a little since I had rather odd amounts of ingredients.
So I went mainly by taste. Just kept tasting if one flavor was overpowering the other and whatnot.
What I had in mind was:
Sweet shortbread base
Sour & tart (tart as in the flavor not the thing itself lol) from the Cream Cheese & Lemon.
Sour in the form of fresh fruit from the Strawberry
I think I may have achieved most of it, although I feel that the Cream Cheese feeling might have been a little too lemony and the shortbread is a tad too sweet.
Also, I used the type of Cream Cheese that is "spreadable" which comes in a tub, and that might have affected the texture of the filling; not holding up and staying thick outside of the fridge.
So I would suggest using the block Cream Cheese instead.
But overall quite happy with how it turned out.
My craving was satisfied and I would make it again, only with some adjustments from the aforementioned mistakes.

Back to school work.

Till then!

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment